More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr Christopher Mehallo
Dr Christopher Mehallo, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Media, PA, with another office in Glen Mills, PA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine, Family Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr Mehallo is affiliated with Nazareth Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Riddle Hospital.
Dr Christopher Mehallo has the following 3 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 48
Dr Mehallo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital
Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
Kennedy Memorial Hospital-Umc-Cherry Hill
Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
Kennedy University Hospital – Washington Township
Riddle Hospital - On staff since
Mercy Suburban Hospital
Kennedy Health Systems
21 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr Christopher Mehallo, DO - Sports Medicine in Media, PA, in this video.
Dr Christopher Mehallo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Media, PA.