Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher B Michelsen
Dr. Christopher B Michelsen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Michelsen is affiliated with Penn Presbyterian Medical Center. Dr. Michelsen has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher B Michelsen has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Christopher B Michelsen has the following 20 expertise
- Spinal Fractures
- Back Injuries
- Ankle Disorders
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
Dr. Christopher B Michelsen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Christopher B Michelsen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I have been to different Drs and had surgeries from some. I am a Worker's Compensation case. The first surgeons were WC Drs. After 2 failed surgeries, I went to Dr Michelsen. He took my films and found problems quickly and explain. It seems arrogant is the word that discribes him here. I found a little of that in a good way . Better than the original surgeons i had, scratching their heads figuring out what to do. The other thing I realize then and now is his controlling of pain meds. All the Drs I dealt with before were heavy handed with meds. This led to a rehab for abuse for me. The Dr believed in prescibing enough to get you thru recovery and not to live on them. If there is a problem fix rather then mask. It tokk 10 1/2 hours to fix mess , from WC doctors. The back is not a broken finger, set and heal and off you go. It is complex bundle of nerves.
After 1.5 hours wait, I got seen by two trainees, who made me do various kinds of movements to determine the source of my pain. Another 30 to 40 have passed, the doctor came, say "hello," and simply took the trainees words for it. It turned out that further exams were necessary, but it depended on if the insurance covered those tests. They said they would find it out for me, but never called me back.
He is a very caring doctor and was able to diagnose a complicated back issue. He didn't even get upset by my texts to his phone. ahh now you know who I am. I just recently had the surgery. Most of the pain is gone or better and Im hoping to be able to waLK more in the future. People compliment the cut he did. Teaching hospitals are great cause more eyes are watching the surgery.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Michelsen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1969
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Christopher B Michelsen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
Locations & DirectionsNew York Orthopaedic Associates, 5141 Broadway Ste 3029, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher B Michelsen in this video.
Dr. Christopher B Michelsen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.