Dr. Christopher Ocarroll Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Christopher Ocarroll?

He gets it!

Posted on January 21st, 2014

I have had migraine headaches since about 15 years old. As I got older they started to get worse so my doctor recommended Dr. O'Carroll. We was easy to talk to and really understood how a migraine can affect your daily life. He was courteous, understanding, funny and smart. I have not had a headache for months! He staff is by far the best! I would recommend him to anyone who has migraines. He gets it!

Posted on January 20th, 2014

Dr. O'Carroll has a terrible bedside manner and is arrogant, rude, patronizing and condescending. He will spend time with you in an initial consultation but after that, expect to be pushed off onto his Physician's Asst, who is a female reflection of Dr. O'Carroll. I would not recommend him to anyone. Despite the fact that Dr. O'Carroll is known as the "migraine doctor", which is unfortunate, it is a mischaracterization. The fact is, there aren't many doctors in Orange County that have marketed themselves to the degree that Dr. O'Carroll has; I tried seeing him for years and got no relief. I left his practice and never looked back. Best decision I could have made.

Posted on June 25th, 2013

Don't try and make an appointment, you won't get a call back, the staff is rude, and argumentative. If that is how they treat you as a prospective patient just think how you will be treated once your a patient.

Posted on April 29th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. C. Philip O'Carroll for 13 years. He is the best, nicest most accurate doctor that I have ever met. He has helped me with my chronic pain and migraines for all this time. His staff is wonderful also. I would recommend this doctor to all my friends that have any type of pain or neurological issue that need a professional, knowledgeable and experienced doctor.

Patient

Posted on April 22nd, 2013

This doctor is arrogant and does not know what he is talking about. I have had pain for three years after a severe auto accident. This doctor told me I don't have pain and I should go home. Thankfully I found a chiropractor who solved my pain problem and I am pain free. Dr. O'Carroll should not have a license to practice medicine.

paralegal

Posted on March 3rd, 2013

This doctor was horrible, he told me I was fat ( I weigh 125 pounds) and he told me to go to the movies to get my mind off my pain. My rheumatologist and my primary care doctor sent me to HOAG hospital. This doctor should not be at a hospital if he treats patients like that. I am seeking relief from pain and not looking for narcotics or something. One day he will be sued.

aweful

Posted on November 19th, 2012

dr o'carroll is just awful human being who should not be a doctor. he believes that the underlying medical problems for women is their emotional problems.i will not ever go back to him and nor would i recommend to anyone who suffers to go to him. he belittles women and their medical issues.

Very demeaning doctor

Posted on July 11th, 2011

The first time I saw him he was understanding and concerned. After my return he did a 180. He yelled at me and called me an addict. I have auto immune illness and recovering from spinal surgeries, the doctors give me meds to control the pain and he is yelling at me like I did something wrong.. Really? He wanted to put me on some drug to get me off meds for pain??? Really? Then what? He really confused me. He is a very educated man, and I never understood why he snapped? His staff are horrible. Gladys is not very nice either. beware of her. His staff are nasty people. He may have an impressive education, but if you want a doctor with a bedside manner don't go here!

Unique initial interview with new patient

Posted on April 18th, 2011

Dr. OCarroll enters exam room with all of your records. He puts them on a table and says that we will get to all of the records, but first just tell me how you feel about your problem, when did you remember that it first occurred and how does it affect you? And you just talk for as long as you need. When you finish, he knows more about your problems than probably any doctor you have seen.He has a remarkable method for extracting the right information from your lips. All of this is brilliant and starts you feeling you are with the perfect physician this time.

He needs to retire.

Posted on January 19th, 2011

Comments in his waiting room are all the same. He yells at his patients. He honestly believes that all migraines are a chemical imbalance in our brains. He thinks we are ALL severely depressed and bipolar! I think he's severely depressed and extremely bipolar! He also thinks that all people with migraines need deep psychiatric treatment. I find this diagnosis extremely fascinating because has no degree in psychiatry, nor does he ever spend more than three minutes with his patients. I, on the other hand, took his advice, and sot out psychiatric care by a doctor who O'Carroll speaks very highly of and this doctor told me not to waste my money seeing him..."of course you're depressed! Who wouldn't be! Anyone who is in pain all the time would be depressed! Now go do your best to get some exercise and let's change your meds around a bit to try to keep you out of pain!" O'Carroll is miserable because he's failed over and over again to diagnose the problems many people suffer with their migraines. But does he test for food allergies or test for hormone imbalances? NOPE. He just drugs everyone into a coma and years go by and then we finally get a clue! It's time to find a new doctor!

headaches

Posted on February 17th, 2010

Saved meHad a miserable quality of life until Phillip helped me

Love Dr.O'Carroll and his Staff!

Posted on August 19th, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr. O'Carroll's for 10 years now and I love him and his Assistant Sally. they always have time for me and have taken care of my MS when ever I have a problem. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a Neurologist or Pain Specialist. I have chronic pain with my MS and he never makes me feel as though I am only looking for medication. He is kind and understanding of my condition. I have changed insurance companies over the years an dhe takes all of them. Thank God for Dr. O'Carroll!