Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher M Occhino has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Showing 5 of 17
When i started going here it was great. That was a 4 -5 years ago. But within the past 2 years not so much. The wait time was 10 min n then all of a sudden it was like 30+ just in the waiting room. Then at least the same in the room. Sometimes i felt like a child when i was spoken too by them. I saw the actual doctor once. I was then always seen by the nurse practioner. Basic checks no biggie, but with help with my asthma and allergies id like to see the doctor. ( especially when i called and asked to). The office staff idk if they knowUnhappy with how its taken thks negative turn.
I also worked with Dr Chris before I was able to have him as my primary doctor. I seen the man in action in the ER, where he literally brought patients back to life. That is why I chose him as my primary, he knows what he is doing as a doctor.I have nothing but the utmost respect for him. As a patient he always spends enough time with me, and never once did I ever feel rushed. I have never experienced problems with the staff. I was always able to get an convenient appt, and never waited long.
The office staff is rude, and go about their business and chit chat while your waiting for them to notice you. The wait time is horrible even with an appointment. I was disappointed with the way Dr. Chris spoke with me, very negative. I worked with him in the ER at Mercy and he is different in a good way. He is a great doctor but there is room for A LOT of improvment.
21 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1997
Mercy Medical Center
Dr. Christopher M Occhino accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSampson Regional Medical Center, 607 Beaman St, Clinton, NC
Dr. Christopher M Occhino is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clinton, NC.