Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher D Prater has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I'm a suboxone patient, haven't used him for long but this guy is adamant about his way being the only way. He has a god complex and assumes that because he was once an addict he knows all. If you're spiritual and religious that's great, but pushing the 12 steps on everyone and telling them they have to have a spiritual experience is really damaging. He forces tapers when he wants them to happen and doesn't accept insurance. His prices are also higher than most, I was even forced to genetic testing for his statistics obsession during the brief time I was there. Do not recommend this doctor, if you're heavily religious and plan to use suboxone as a very brief and temporary tool, he can work, but if you need to work on a lot in your life in the long term and aren't religious, this is about the worst man you can go to for help. 1/10, would rather die of withdrawal on the street than go back to him. So glad I found someone else two months ago.
Excellent physician....he took us into his practice when no one else would as we are both over age 65. He and his staff are caring and interested in our problems and listen to us. He explained his primary practice to us and we totally understand that sometimes our appointment might be interrupted by one of his other patients and knowing in advance that this might happen, makes it totally okay with us.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
46 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Christopher D Prater accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChristopher D Prater Md, 6499 Hickory Brook Rd Ste A, Chattanooga, TN
Dr. Christopher D Prater is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chattanooga, TN.