Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Christopher M Rooney
Dr. Christopher M Rooney, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Akron, OH. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Rooney is affiliated with Summa Akron City Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher M Rooney has the following 3 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Christopher M Rooney has the following 12 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Urinary Incontinence
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
Dr. Christopher M Rooney has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Christopher M Rooney is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
In a time that most Medical Practices are run by a Business Model and Patients are looked at by the number of dollars they can generate. I'm here to tell you that Dr. Rooney though young has an old soul. He is very attentive and listens very carefully. His surgical skills set is perfection. He looks at you as a whole person not the parts that are broken. You will also feel at ease and have the needed trust and confidence in a Doctor Patient relationship.
He is a little quirky and can probably be taken the wrong way. He seems genuine and honest. Typical surgeon with bed side manor meaning that they are more focused on fixing the body. But seems to want you to feel better and will work to get you fixed and feeling better asap. He was following up on my pelvic floor repair and doing another bladder installation for me. The surgery was done at city hospital surgical center and I was impressed with the staff and nurses there.
Dr. Rooney is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Christopher M Rooney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Connect Fully Insured
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsContinence Center, 95 Arch St Ste 220, Akron, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher M Rooney, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Akron, OH, in this video.
Dr. Christopher M Rooney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Akron, OH.