Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher A Santora has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 19
because of several problems with this doctor and his office staff, particularly the nurses on the telephone, who seem to want to make their own diagnosis and prescriptions instead of following Dr.'s orders. Also Santora seems to care more about typing into his laptop rather than listen to patient and their concerns. Also seems to be too quick to dump patient off onto specialists, instead of trying to do some work himself. One piece of advice...get rid of the nurses that are answering the phones to handle prescription refills. They are arrogant and argumentative with patients. Majorly! And I know for a fact I'm NOT the only patient this has been done to. Believe it or not, your patients DO talk to one another!
Though the nursing and office staff is wonderful, this doctor needs to go back to school. I was insulted multiple times by what I hope is his pure ignorance. Left undiagnosed the two times I visited him. Will never go back. Stay away from this one.
Dr. Santora is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Pike County Memorial Hospital
Dr. Christopher A Santora accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana South Florida HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPremier Family Health And Wellness, 1037 S State Road 7 Ste 211, Wellington, FL
Dr. Christopher A Santora is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wellington, FL.