Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher M Schoonover
Dr. Christopher M Schoonover, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schoonover is affiliated with Mercy Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher M Schoonover has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Thyroid Diseases
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Thyroid Cancer
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Pituitary Diseases
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I was extremely happy with my visit. Dr. Schoonover spent a good amount of time explaining my condition to me and going over different tests that I would be taking. At the end of my visit he even walked me out the door to the scheduling office which many doctors do not do. I would would strongly recommend this provider to others.
As i waited in the lobby for my apt. I heard the lady at the front desk very upset with someone on the phone, then a patient came in and had a co-pay and she said she could not pay the co-pay right away and she sent her home embaressing her in front of everyone in the lobby. The billing department messed up on my bill of 20.00 and I recieved a letter from dr, schoonover saying i'm no longer welcome (over $20) that the insurance lady messed up on... my visit with dr. schoonover was pleasent he just seemed like he was in a hurry. so searching for a new dr. any ideas?
Dr. Schoonover is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1998
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Dr. Christopher M Schoonover accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMark P Stesin Md Pa, 3366 Oakdale Ave N Ste 408, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher M Schoonover in this video.
Dr. Christopher M Schoonover is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.