Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher S Shamblin has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Shamblin is an excellent doctor. He seems to genuinely care about his patients' issues, and is willing to discuss different treatment options at length in spite of how busy his office is. Even when it's very clear that he's tired, he doesn't let it come at the expense of good treatment. My only complaints here would be that the wait time is quite a while even after you're taken back to your room, and that some of his expectations on how much a patient needs to put up with are sometimes unrealistic. On the former, I understand that really can't be helped sometimes. On the latter, he seems to be tough as nails so I understand his disposition, but I hope he understands at some point how differently people process and live with physical pain. I stopped seeing him only because I felt I should see a female doctor regarding other issues, but I would recommend him to anyone. He really does seem to care about the people he's treating.
Dr. Shamblin has a great bedside manner! He's kind, humble and patient, and showed real regard for me as an individual. He spent longer than average with me during my doctor visits and he never made me feel like a number or a hassle, as some doctors are apt to do. The only negative I experienced was that it took him several months to order tests for a back problem I'd been having, and it turned out that I needed surgery (and therefore could've been without pain much sooner). HOWEVER, while I believe he should've ordered the tests 'just in case' this is not something I hold against him because I had some other problems that were outweighing attention to my back at the time.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2009, 2011, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
18 Years Experience
American University Of The Caribbean School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Christopher S Shamblin accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSweetwater Hospital, 304 Church St, Sweetwater, TN
Dr. Christopher S Shamblin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sweetwater, TN.