Dr. Christopher D Sliva Is this you?

4.9

Have you seen Dr. Christopher D Sliva?

thorough

Dr. Sliva is thorough. Answered all questions prior to surgery and after surgery concerns. Good bedside manner to my family as well.

Outstanding spinal surgeon

Highly recommend.

The Giver of Life

Dr. Sliva gave me my life back! (No pun intended) I came to Rockford Spine Center and Dr. Sliva through a referral from my wife's co-workers, who are all physical therapists, immediately after I suffered a back injury. I was diagnosed with an L5-S1 disc herniation, and was given all my options starting with physical therapy all the way to surgical intervention. Since the injury was still "fresh" we decided on the least invasive route of PT. After months of physical therapy and regular follow ups with Dr. Sliva's PA Brad, we decided as a team that my lack of significant improvement warranted surgical intervention. I was scared but knew I was in good hands. Dr. Sliva and his nurse answered all of my questions about the MetRX microdisectomy procedure. Surgery day came and when I woke up the sciatic nerve pain down my leg was gone! My recovery went extraordinarily well with the surgical area discomfort only lasting a week or so. After following his post surgery restrictions to a "T" and religiously performing my PT exercises, I am back to my old self. I experience some slight numbness from time to time down that leg but this was an expectation that was explained before surgery. It has improved significantly with time, and its to a point where its hardly even noticeable about 11 weeks post surgery. Thank you so much to Dr. Sliva, the nurses, and front office staff of the Rockford Spine Center!

Could not be Happier!!

Would definitely recommend Dr. Sliva and Rockford Spine Center. Wonderful doctor and I felt very confident having him as my doctor. I have been pain free since surgery.

Top Notch Surgeon

Dr. Sliva corrected a previous surgery I had with instrumentation fusing four discs in the lumbar spine. I was suffering pain and was unable to stand or walk for more than a few minutes at a time. Following my surgery I am now able to stand, walk, and return to my normal routine. Thanks you Dr. Sliva and staff

Great experience

Dr. Sliva is a top knotch surgeon, he and his staff are above excellent, they treat you with dignity and respect, and are sympathetic with your needs and really know how to treat you.

retired professional educator

Highly recommend

MR.

Dr. Sliva Rocks , When I woke from anesthesia I was no longer in pain as I had before going to surgery. I used my pain meds for about a week after surgery for the surgical pain and after that it has been Tylenol only. Thanks Dr. Sliva for giving me my life back !

Highly recommend Dr. sliva

Dr. Sliva is my medical hero! I have my life back now, following a fusion of L 4-5. Sleep and mobility and overall mood were recovered after this procedure. He and his team - and the setting and surgical experience at Swedish American Hospital - all rate TOPS.

Dr. Sliva and staff were extremely professional and empathetic to my problem. He quickly diagnosed my problem and gave me an honest opinion on how to alleviate my pain. No reservations with my procedure or outcome. Glad to be pain free and able to spend time with family doing the things I enjoy!

My experience with Dr. Sliva (including staff) was exceptional. He explained everything about the procedure so there was absolutely no ambiguity. He listens and answered all my questions. The procedure went flawlessly and as a result, I am a new man. He performed a very thorough follow-up. I would also like to recognize Dr. Sliva's nurse (Megan). She went out of her way to meet my many requests and to answer many of my questions during recovery.

Professional musician

I've suffered ruptured disc pain since taking a bad fall more than 20 years ago. Various options never rid me of the pain, so I decided to just live with it. Recently, I seriously re-injured my back, but this time the pain was so intense, I couldn't even walk and was forced to use a wheelchair. I'm so glad my primary physician referred me to Dr. Sliva at the Rockford Spine Center. From the very first contact with office staff and with Dr. Sliva, I felt like they cared for me as they would a member of their own family - not exaggerating! They patiently listened to and answered all my questions and were always very caring. After x-rays and an MRI, it was clear that my injury warranted (TLIF) surgery. RSC handled every single detail, from insurance authorizations to calling and scheduling any needed pre-op or post-op appointment with primary physician, labs, hospital, PT, you name it. Their communication with me was great and absolutely everything was taken care of for me. I was thoroughly educated by Dr. Sliva about the procedure, what to expect, before-during-after, and what to do to ensure the best success and he was always willing to take the time to explain everything thoroughly. It's been 6 weeks now since I had the surgery, and other than the incision pain, I woke up from surgery totally pain free! I was so happy, I cried tears of joy! No words can describe the relief I felt after so many years of pain and after the more recent pain-filled time in the wheelchair! Follow-up has been wonderful and though there's still some tingling in the tips of a couple toes, I know the nerves are healing, as I feel better each day. Thank you, Dr. Sliva for giving me my life back!

Dr. Christopher D Sliva is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockford, IL.