Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher T Stokoe
Dr. Christopher T Stokoe, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Plano, TX. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. Dr. Stokoe is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Irving, Methodist Richardson Medical Center and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano. Dr. Stokoe has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher T Stokoe has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Cancerous Tumor
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Stokoe has been treating me for Colon Cancer for 2 years. He went out of his way to get me into a clinical trail (Chemo did not work) that not only I had to be approved but Tx Oncology had to be approved. This saved my life ad the treatment is working. They had to go through many hoops for me. They care and it shows.
Dealing with cancer is very tough. First visit with Dr. Stokoe was great. He took the time to explain everything. Once chemo started experience went downhill. Developed complications that caused additional pain and added medical expenses. Couldn't get good diagnosis. Recommended treatments not successful. Waits to see doctor were routinely long. (30-45 minutes)
Dr. Stokoe is a wonderful doctor to have when dealing with cancer treatment. I had breast cancer and he was always kind, compassionate, and caring in my appointments with him. He helped ease my stress and gave me confidence in dealing with my treatment, which was not as horrid as I thought it would be. He was up to date on the latest treatments. I never felt like a number on a file folder. He was personable and treated me like a friend, which helps put one at ease. I continued to see him for 5 years following my treatment and it was always nice to see him again. Would highly recommend him when needing cancer treatment.
Dr. Stokoe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Baylor Medical Center
Dr. Christopher T Stokoe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexas Oncology, 3705 W 15th St, Plano, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher T Stokoe in this video.
Dr. Christopher T Stokoe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.