Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher W Uggen
Dr. Christopher W Uggen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kalamazoo, MI. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Uggen is affiliated with Borgess Medical Center. Dr. Uggen has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher W Uggen has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I found Dr. Uggen to be forthright and easy to talk to. He explained everything so that I was comfortable with what was happening with my situation. I was having my entire shoulder replaced after an accident, and everything went exactly as he said if would, all the way thru to recovery. I could not have been more pleased with the results. After I recuperated, I trusted him enough to undergo rotator cuff surgery on my other shoulder, something I had dreaded for years. It was a walk in the park compared to the first surgery and I wish I had taken care of it years ago. Again, the same great care throughout the entire process from beginning to end.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Uggen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Christopher W Uggen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBorgess Orthopedics, 2490 S 11th St Ste 201, Kalamazoo, MI
Dr. Christopher W Uggen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kalamazoo, MI.