Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christos Katsigiannis
Dr. Christos Katsigiannis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Webster, TX, with another office in Webster, TX. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Katsigiannis is affiliated with HOUSTON METHODIST HOSPITAL, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center and St John S Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Christos Katsigiannis has the following 3 specialties
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Diabetes Complications
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Lung Diseases
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Thoracic/Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Varicose Veins
- Vascular Malformations
- Wounds and Injuries
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Katsigiannis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St John S Hospital
St Johns Regional Medical Center
Cleveland Regional Medical Center
CHRISTUS St John Hospital
Mainland Medical Center
Bayshore Medical Center
26 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Christos Katsigiannis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christos Katsigiannis in this video.
Dr. Christos Katsigiannis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Webster, TX.