Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christos J Pitarys II has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Christos J Pitarys II has the following 17 expertise
- Myocardial Infarction
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Holter monitoring
- Heart Failure
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Dr. Christos J Pitarys II is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
He is the best Doctor I have every had, Seems really interested in me and spends time. Took me in asp for the very first time. I just think he is a good caring doctor.
He is the worst, I waited over an hour to see him, then when I was waiting, I could hear him yelling and putting his staff down. The way he spoke to those young girls was a disgrace, only an outright monster would do such a thing. That calm whisper voice he has is a cover up for something much more evil inside. I had blockages in my leg, he sent me to a different practice even though his partner does the same procedure, He told me Dr Chadda is terrible and has poor outcomes. He and his partner hate each other. This practice is a disgrace. I warn you, stay far away.
I first meet Dr Pitarys after having open heart surgery at that time he was exceptional with me took his time explaining what happened. Skip forward 7 months. I went back into the hospital with chest pain it took him two days before I seen him and when I finally did he was very rude! After he did cardio Cath he tells me as I am lying on the table everything is fine! Like as if I was bothering him. He never spoke with myself or my wife afterwards to see if we had any questions. I made my appointment to follow up with him and to no avail, he cancelled my appointments four times in a period of a weeks time. This was after I had informed his office staff that I was going on a seven day cruise and would like to know I would be fine. Well Dr Pitarys I hope that after you read this you treat your patience with a little more respect!
Dr. Christos Pitarys was completely rude to my elderly parent. He couldn't even explain why he was going to give the treatment that he wanted to give. I think a lot of elderly patients just don't question his methods, so they think "He is the doctor, so he must be right." My word of advise is doctor's make mistakes and you must ask questions. And if the doctor can't answer your question, bad mouth's you to the staff and walks out of the room, then certainly do not keep them as your doctor. This is what we had to deal with from Dr. Pitarys. Unprofessional is an understatment.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
38 Years Experience
Dartmouth Medical School
Graduated in 1980
University Hospital Health System
Dr. Christos J Pitarys II accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWest Florida Cardiology Consultants, 6633 Forest Ave Ste 302, New Port Richey, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christos J Pitarys II in this video.
Dr. Christos J Pitarys II is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Port Richey, FL.