Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christy A Mcavoy has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Christy A Mcavoy has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
Dr. Christy A Mcavoy is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
Her professionalism is excellent! She is kind, intelligent, compassionate and forthright. She is very thorough and caring and would make sure to follow up on her patients always and extends herself beyond the scope of her duties. She is also very good at easing anxieties with her gentle, calm and cool manner. I'm blessed to have found her because I would've died if she didn't find out about my low blood count. I went to another doctor prior to going to Dr. McAvoy about my bleeding but all I got were pills. I was symptomatic so she checked my blood count and I had gotten blood transfusions as advised. I feel great now. May God bless her always!
I have been a patient of Dr. McAvoy for several years and am quite happy to have found her. She has excellent bedside manners. She was my doctor and surgeon through two surgeries. She takes the time contact you directly to discuss your options and and step by step explanation of procedures. And always follows up with you to make you are doing well during recovery.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
17 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Christy A Mcavoy accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, 506 6th St, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Christy A Mcavoy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.