Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher G Zitnay
Dr. Christopher G Zitnay, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cape May Court House, NJ. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Zitnay is affiliated with Cape Regional Medical Center. Dr. Zitnay has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher G Zitnay has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Christopher G Zitnay has the following 14 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
Dr. Christopher G Zitnay has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Christopher G Zitnay is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Zitnay is the best! We really don't have many Endocrinologists down south. Dr. Zitnay is thorough and listens. I know he is definitely worth the hour+ ride when I go to him!
I've been seeing Dr. Zitnay for over a year and can't say enough about his or his staff's professionalism. I've waited only once (maybe 5 minutes) for my appointment and that was due to an emergency with another patient being seen in the office. Everyone is personable and yet incredibly efficient. He answers questions thoroughly and doesn't have the ego so many in the medical profession can have.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2013, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Zitnay is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Christopher G Zitnay accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsCape Regional Physicians Associates Pa, 11 Village Dr, Cape May Court House, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher G Zitnay in this video.
Dr. Christopher G Zitnay is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cape May Court House, NJ.