Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Chun Hwang has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Back in 2001 I was suffering from heart palpitations, which would bring on shortness of breath & dizziness. This would happen 10 to 20 times a day, lasting anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to an hour or longer. A lot of times I woke up with these symptoms & would still be feeling the same way by the time I went to bed at night. This went on for months until I finally decided to see a cardiologist. I don't know why I waited so long to have it checked out, it was foolish to wait so long. I'm glad I finally went & saw Dr. Chun Hwang. After seeing him & undergoing some tests, he diagnosed me with SVT (supraventricular tachycardia). The treatment for my particular case was to have a surgical ablation. He is an excellent doctor with a great bed side manner. I had heard so many people talk about what a great doctor he was & I too can now say the same. It's nice to know there are good doctors that we can go to. Dr. Chun Hwang is a great doctor & I would go back to him if I needed to see a cardiologist again.
Dr. Hwang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Chun Hwang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Peak Advantage - UT
- First Health PPO
- PHCS PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Preferred FocalPoint
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUtah Valley Cardiology Clinic, 1055 N 500 W, Provo, UT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Chun Hwang in this video.
Dr. Chun Hwang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Provo, UT.