Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Ciceron Opida
Dr. Ciceron Opida, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Altoona, PA, with another office in Tyrone, PA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Opida is affiliated with Altoona Hospital, Bon Secour Holy Family Regional Health and Altoona Regional Health System. He speaks English.
Dr. Ciceron Opida has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Ciceron Opida has the following 10 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Headache Disorders
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. Ciceron Opida has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ciceron Opida is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 10
My overall experience was excellent. The office has a professional but friendly feel. My wait time was minimal and my face to face time with the doctor was more than adequate. He took the time to explain my medical condition not only to me but to my family. I would refer friends and family to this clinic.
Dr. Opida is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bon Secour Holy Family Regional Health
Altoona Regional Health System
Altoona Regional Health System-Bon Secours
No Affiliations Found
Altoona Regional Health System Altoona Hospital Campus
45 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Kings County Hospital Center
Dr. Ciceron Opida accepts the following insurance providers.
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ciceron Opida is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Altoona, PA.