Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cindy C Cheung has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Cindy C Cheung has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
Dr. Cindy C Cheung has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Cindy C Cheung is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 48
I'm so glad that we've decided to go with Dr. Cindy Cheung after my friend has recommended her as OBGYN. I started seeing her about 7 or 8 years ago. Then when I got pregnant with my first child, she was very helpful, gave a lot of good advise, and calmed my nerves whenever I was feeling anxious. She was always courteous, knowledgeable, and professional, and made me feel secure knowing that she has many years of experience. One example, when I was about 6 month pregnant and went to get sonogram from the radiology center, the radiologist told me that, based on what he sees in the sonogram, my baby has a condition where the esophagus and the airway tube are fused together. The news was so shocking to me that I couldn't walk or speak after the visit, and sat crying outside of the office for a long time afterwards. On the follow-up visit to Dr. Cheung, she reassures me not to worry because there is nothing wrong with the baby, and told me that the radiologist should not have said those things and arbitrarily made the diagnosis on his own. I was so relieved! My baby came out healthy and having no such illness. I'm glad that Dr. Cheung was so knowledgeable and was able to tell me right away with confidence that the baby will come out fine. She is truely a great doctor. Couldn't recommend her enough to everyone that I know.
I saw Dr. Cheung for a few years for annual exams. She seemed fine for that, though the wait is always really long (always more than an hour, once I waited 2 hours!). But then I got pregnant, and she seemed very annoyed whenever I asked her questions. And she wouldn't explain why she was giving me certain tests, or any of my test results, she'd just say "Everything's fine." I think she's used to dealing with immigrants and Medicare patients who don't ask many questions. I ended up switching docs mid-pregnancy as she grew more and more annoyed with my questions--to the point that she yelled at me! (And my questions were not at all unreasonable--my new doc answered all of them & more kindly and patiently.) Her staff is not friendly either.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Cheung is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1995
Catholic Medical Center Of Brooklyn & Queens
Dr. Cindy C Cheung accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCindy Chi-Ling Cheung Md, 13226 Avery Ave, Flushing, NY
Dr. Cindy C Cheung is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flushing, NY.