Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cindy Lai has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Cindy Lai has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 17
As a part of a routine pre employment physical for employment for a healthy 30 year old with no medical problems, this physician performed a multitude of unnecessary tests, including a hearing test (Brain Stem Auditory Evoked Response). These tests were not required for the physical exam, and are not recommended by any National Guidelines for screening. The tests were neither discussed nor permission taken before performing the tests. None of these tests are covered by any insurance company in the absence of an indication, for screening. Upon follow up with the office, numerous phone calls, faxes and letters in the mail I got no call back from the physician, or anyone from the office (I was always asked to leave a message on voicemail). Upon finally discussing the issue with the MD (after showing up at the office), she informed me that their practice routinely performs these tests for all patients. They continue to send me the bill for the tests, which were performed without my knowledge or consent, and without any indication.
Dr. Lai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Cindy Lai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLexington Medical, 117 E 65th St, New York, NY
Dr. Cindy Lai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.