Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cindy Y Zhang
Dr. Cindy Y Zhang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, VA, with another office in Woodbridge, VA. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Zhang is affiliated with Johns Hopkins University Hospital. Dr. Zhang has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Cindy Y Zhang has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Hip Injuries
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Shoulder Pain
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Neck Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Back Pain
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Nerve Compression Syndromes
- Headache Disorders
Showing 5 of 19
I recently visited Dr. Zhang for evaluation of hip and leg pain. Her office staff was friendly and efficient, and it was easy to obtain an appointment. She reviewed my history, did a careful physical examination and described the possible causes of pain. She ordered some additional tests that will help her to provide advice on treatment. She is conservative and doesn't rush to suggest cortisone injections or surgery unless that is necessary. She is knowledgable, experienced and highly trained physician who communicates clearly and is familiar with recent advances in pain medicine. I highly recommend her and will refer other people to her in the future!
Best Dr. I've been too, I'm a long, long time! Excellent all the way around .
The office is very minimal, clean, and usually empty - which i like! The prices are good when you are paying out of pocket as well. Most of the staff are wonderful, and deal with things quickly...they even call the day before your appointment to remind you! The wait time is usually no more than 15 minutes, more like 5-10...but she will let you take the time to discuss things. Dr. Zhang is very sweet and easy to talk to AND she will remember what you talked about the months before! She does not push pills onto you, and will work with you to find the right treatment for you. Iv been seeing her for two years now and its been a great experience all around. You wont be disappointed!
Dr. Zhang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Cindy Y Zhang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Cindy Y Zhang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, VA.