Dr. Claes M Nilsson Is this you?

gone when we needed him most

Dr. Nilsson treated my mother for non-hodgkins lymphoma in the early 1990s at Harvard Community Health Plan - Fenway in Boston. He was an excellent doctor and for 3 times he managed to prescribe treatment that held the disease at bay. My mother liked him very much and more importantly, she trusted him. When she became sick for the final time, and no, we didn't know it was the final time when it happened, he was nowhere to be found and no explanation was offered. It was disheartening to say the least and an almost unforgivable (by me) lapse in care. It seems there was nothing else to be done for my mother, but he was not there to tell her so, and he should have been the one to tell her. The other doctors, strangers really, at that practice were of little help -- it was almost a blessing that she died after minor surgery.It was an abandonment. She deserved better.

COPD