Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Clair A Francomano
Dr. Clair A Francomano, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Towson, MD. She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Clinical Molecular Genetics, Clinical Genetics (M.D.), Internal Medicine and Medical Genetics. Dr. Francomano has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Clair A Francomano has the following 4 specialties
- Clinical Molecular Genetics
- Clinical Genetics (M.D.)
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Genetics
Geneticists are doctors with expertise in genetic or hereditary disorders. Many of the diseases we get are inherited, or passed on through the genes of our biological parents. These specialists study the biology behind a genetic disorder's origin, the traits that it presents in a patient and its pathway. This allows them to diagnose and treat each illness effectively.
Dr. Clair A Francomano has the following 18 expertise
- Dwarfism (Achondrogenesis)
- Weight Loss
- Developmental Bone Diseases
- Genetic Disorders (Inborn Genetic Diseases)
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Congenital Hand Deformities
- Acanthosis Nigricans
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Dwarfism (Achondroplasia)
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Marfan Syndrome
- Multiple Abnormalities
Dr. Clair A Francomano has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Clair A Francomano is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Francomano is my geneticist. She diagnosed my Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. Her kind and compassionate nature is refreshing. After suffering for years, and visiting many doctors who treated me only for my symptoms, and didn't worry about getting to the root of the problem, it was wonderful to find a doctor who not only understands my disease, but also understands how it effects every aspect of my life, and cares about me as a person.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
38 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Clair A Francomano accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGreater Baltimore Medical Center, 6701 N Charles St, Towson, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Clair A Francomano in this video.
Dr. Clair A Francomano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Towson, MD.