Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Claire Horn
Dr. Claire Horn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Indianapolis, IN, with another office in Dallas, TX. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Horn is affiliated with UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul, St. Vincent Carmel Hospital and UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy. She speaks English.
Dr. Claire Horn has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Claire Horn has the following 18 expertise
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Relapsing Polychondritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Dr. Claire Horn has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Claire Horn is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Horn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
St. Vincent Carmel Hospital
UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
St Vincent Hospital & Health Services
Woman's Hospital of Indianapolis
St.Vincent Heart Center Of Indiana,Llc
UT Southwestern St Paul Hospital
Zale Lipshy Hospital
Clarian Health Partners
St Vincent Pediatric Rehabilitation Center
St. Paul Hospital
UT Southwestern Zale Lipshy Hospital
St Vincent Hospital Health Care Center
Parkland Health and Hospital System
27 Years Experience
University of Louisville
Graduated in 1986
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Claire Horn, MD - Rheumatology in Indianapolis, IN, in this video.
Dr. Claire Horn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.