Dr. Claire Serrato Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. Claire Serrato?

Satisfied Patient

Posted on November 18th, 2017

My visits with Dr. Serrato have been on-time. I was referred to her by my primary care doctor to evaluate my large fibroids in my uterus. She provided a few options and I chose to have a hysterectomy. She is skilled in performing surgeries that can be done with minimal invasiveness. For me, she performed a robotic-assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy, The surgery went smoothly and I only took one painkiller after I got home. I had five small incisions which healed very quickly. Before my surgery, I had discovered when speaking to my sister-in-law that Dr. Serrato had also performed the same type of surgery for her and she didn't have to take any painkillers after she got home!

Excellent Robotics Surgeon

Posted on May 30th, 2017

Dr. Serrato performed a laparascopic surgery using the Da Vinci Surgical System In February 2017. When I was wheeled into the OR, it looked like a giant Transformer was hovering over me. She literally sat across the room and guided the robot using monitors and controls. Mine was a complicated surgery including the removal of an egg-sized tumor. Without the robotics, I would have had a full-length abdominal scar and a much longer recovery time. Traditional laparoscopy turned out not to be an option. Make sure your surgeon uses the latest robotics. There are a scarcity of surgeons trained on this device, as the training time is extensive. The Da Vinci allows the surgeon to do more laparascopically, reduces recovery time, and provides greater control for the surgeon. Dr. Serrato is a considerate doctor with great patient communication. I've heard my friends' stories and am so glad I chose Dr. Serrato. I've referred others to her with great success.

From Diagnostics to Post-Op

Posted on March 24th, 2017

Dr. Serrato is a methodical practitioner and a measured, steady surgeon. She immediately identified the likely causes of symptoms I had experienced and guided me through the diagnostic process finally to arrive at recommended surgical treatment options. Before I knew it, I was being wheeled into the OR to undergo minimally invasive surgery to address both uterine and ovarian issues. After the surgery was completed, I learned that the ovarian issue was far more complex than we imagined at the outset, but Dr. Serrato still managed to correct the problem laparascopically, assisted by the Da Vinci robot, which left me with normal, healthy anatomy. I continue to heal ahead of schedule and feel dramatically better with each passing day. I highly recommend you or your loved one see Dr. Serrato for comprehensive evaluation and treatment of ongoing gyn issues.

Posted on July 1st, 2016

Dr. Serrato is THE BEST! Dr. Serrato is an amazing, skilled surgeon with an excellent bedside manner. I was referred to Dr. Serrato by my ob/gyn to discuss options for removing a large fibroid. From the moment she walked into the room, I felt at ease. Dr. Serrato patiently explained the different procedures and recovery, carefully highlighting the pros/cons for each option. She didn't rush to get to her next patient but rather sat and answered all my questions & concerns. After our appointment I emailed questions and even scheduled a couple follow up calls (including one with my husband). All along the way she was patient, insightful and compassionate. Unfortunately I had a situation around 9 p.m. a couple weeks after my surgery. Without question Dr. Serrato immediately met me at her office to make sure everything was ok. I've never had a doctor go to such great lengths to ensure my health wasn't in jeopardy. Again, she was calm and patient, immediately putting me (and my husband) at ease. Thank goodness it wasn't anything serious, and even if it was I have no doubt that I would be totally fine in Dr. Serrato's care. I am incredibly grateful and thankful for Dr. Serrato being by my side every step of the way. In fact, I miss our appointments! :) She's a rock star!

Expert and Skillful

Posted on April 18th, 2016

I had gone to a different gynecologist who had trouble with a simple biopsy. So, I switched to Dr. Serrato who had no trouble with the procedure. We subsequently did some watchful waiting, and ultimately decided on a hysterectomy. My recovery was so rapid that I and everyone around me was surprised. It must have been because she is a very skillful surgeon. Dr. Serrato is very experienced and trains other surgeons on minimally invasive gynecological procedures. She also prides herself on very low complication rates. She's excellent.

Posted on January 10th, 2016

Dr. Serrato is fantastic. An ultrasound found an enlarged uterus due to fibroids that was close to my kidneys and could be dangerous. Dr. Serrato called very soon after seeing the results and had me come into her office that day (a Friday when she doesn't usually see patients) so we could discuss options and then was able to fit me in the next Monday for a follow-up test. She was also very gracious when I mentioned I wanted to have a 2nd opinion (which confirmed her recommendation.) I opted for robotic surgery with Dr. Serrato and she was always available via e-mail and phone for the questions I had prior to the surgery. Post op, it turns out I had some nausea and digestive issues so I followed up with Dr. Serrato via email to see if this was expected. She quickly phoned me back to find out in detail what I was experiencing and then checked in with several times that day, while also investigating my medical records and my digestive history to determine the best course of action.. She had me on new meds later that day and provided detailed instructions of what to do going forward. When she called me the next day, it turned out she was at the airport, and she actually cut a trip short so she could see me in person later that same day (to which I am eternally grateful). She then continued to email and phone me until our regularly scheduled first post-op appointment the next week. The silver lining is that through my last post-op, I diligently followed her advice about how much and what to eat and so far this has led to my pre-existing digestive issues dramatically improving and I've lost 20+ unwanted lbs to boot - I hope to continue to follow her instructions as the basis for going forward with my diet and see the results continue. I was constantly amazed throughout my association with her at how quickly Dr. Serrato responds back either via email or phone. From other reviews, it looks like she provides this superb level of care to all her patients so how she finds the time to actually see patients, do surgery, and fit in all this one-on-one service stuns me.

Posted on January 4th, 2016

Amazing surgeon- I was up and around the next day and cosmetically I could not ask for more. If you need gyn surgery, she is the best! And she does her own ultrasounds so no drinking water!

Posted on September 13th, 2013

I have suffered with OB/GYN problems since I was 19 (I am now 35) when I had surgical removal of my first of what would be countless large ovarian cysts. I was referred to Dr. Serrato by my previous OB/GYN, a member of her practice who had to leave the industry because of her own medical complications. I could write a lengthy thesis about how amazing Dr. Serrato is and how much she has helped me. After years of suffering with unbearable cramps from endometriosis and possible adenomyosis, chronic large ovarian cysts, and countless ER visits, she had me try every method I was willing to try before making the ultimate decision. I finally elected to have a hysterectomy. Dr. Serrato is so passionately dedicated to protecting and assisting fertility that she did not want to perform a hysterectomy on me as I am still young, want children, and do not have any yet. She had me consult with other specialists (pain, GI, another gyno, etc.) to ensure that there were no other issues creating my pain. Ultimately she performed a DaVinci (robotic-assisted) hysterectomy. I have experienced much more pain after a simple cystectomy performed by other professionals! (Note the hysterectomy was my 4th pelvic surgery.) I tend to heal slowly so it took a while to get my energy back, but I was only out of work for a few weeks. Her skills are supreme to say the least! Now I know why she has received so many accolades from her colleagues. When you have as many issues as I do, you require a doctor who is patient, responsive, compassionate, and dedicated. Dr. Serrato embodies all of these characteristics and then some. She reviews your entire medical history – not just those which fall within her realm. Her dedication to her patients as well as furthering her education and skills is unsurpassed. The result? More minimally invasive treatments and a faster return to your own life and goals. She explains and uses all possible alternatives to surgery. Her compassion and empathy make the pains which led me to her much more bearable. In a nutshell, I don’t know where I would be today without her. I am truly thankful for her candidness, empathy, and expertise.

Can't recommend her

Posted on May 13th, 2013

I saw Dr. Serrato 3 times and all 3 times she was very late for my appointments. She is always running behind and rushed my time with her. I told her about problems I was having and her answer was "that weird, I've never heard that before". After waiting 45 minutes and spending 10 minutes with her, she charged my insurance $350 for the office visit. I definitely did not get my money's worth. I eventually found the right diagnosis and help from another doctor. I did not have a positive experience with Dr. Serrato and cannot recommend her.

Great Doctor! Smart and Great Communication!

Posted on November 22nd, 2012

Dr Serrato is the best gynecologist ever. She delivered my babies and now I am dealing with gyn issues and she explains all the issues and can do all the procedures that are new and up to date. She stays up to date in her field and communicates at a level I can understand. She is gentle with the exam too and fast! I love her!

great minimally invasive surgeon

Posted on July 25th, 2012

Unbelievably nice and reat bedside manner and the BEST surgeon ever. She performs all types of minimally invasive gynecology on a regular basis and has great training from a top notch med school. No wonder she is one of the "best doctos in America"

Phenomenal DOCTOR

Posted on July 24th, 2012

Dr Serrato can do ultrasound as she is certified to do it and tell you all the options for fibroids and can do all of the options! She is one of a kind....