Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Clara S Kim has the following 3 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
Dr. Clara S Kim has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Clara S Kim is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Clara S Kim - Posted on September 8th, 2016
Dr Kim was highly recommended by a MA state agency that would assist my daughter through her depression. She was hospitalized for a week for suicide attempt. What I thought was coping skills and helping her through depression it turned out Dr Kim diagnosed her with Dysphoria and was about to recommend hormone therapy. My daughter had never shown any gender issues until after her depression was diagnosed. Our whole family was floored by the news she had a gender issue and Dr Kim fed into it instead of helping her with the dysphoria. My issue was when I specifically asked her how things were going, what diagnosis she had all I got was she's depressed.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Clara S Kim - Posted on April 26th, 2014
Always trust your instinct. My husband and I were referred to Dr. Kim and we had high hopes for our 10 year old daughter who suffers from high anxiety and has OCD tendencies. After seeing the Dr. for several months I questioned what kind of strategies and coping techniques were being discusssed. After months of many appointments my daughter told me this was not helping and all she did at her appointments was use duct tape and play with toys. There were no strategies or coping techniques ever discussed. I was under the impression my daughter was receiving cognitive behavioral therapy and it turned out this was not the case at all. As with the previous review my daughter is now worse and is left with no stategies, just a big bill. I suggest you look elsewhere.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Clara S Kim - Posted on January 17th, 2014
We took our teenage daughter to Dr. Kim because she had depression and needed coping skills. We took her for several appointments and over time she actually got worse, not better. When we stopped seeing her our daughter still had depression, didn't have coping skills and now has gender dysphoria.
11 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Clara S Kim accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
More about Dr. Clara S Kim
I recently completed training at the UMass hospital system in the Adult Psychiatry Residency and the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship. I have board certification in Adult Psychiatry and am in process of obtaining my Child Psychiatry certification. I attended Brown Medical School prior to my residency training in Worcester. The goal of my practice is to assist clients in feeling better. This may require talk therapy, medications, or behavioral interventions. I am committed to determining the best fit for each client.
Locations & DirectionsSUSAN S HOGE PHD, 300 W Main St, Northborough, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Clara S Kim, MD - Adolescent Medicine in Northborough, MA, in this video.
Dr. Clara S Kim is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Northborough, MA.