2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Clara S Kim?

I have seen her for 6 years

Best doctor I have seen in my experience with the mental health system. She's very well put together and knowledgable beyond comparison to my other doctors. She has dealt with a lot with me, and saved my life time and time again. She goes the extra mile other doctors won't every time to make sure you have the tools to understand whats going on. She's one of the few that really CARE about those in their care.

Poor therapy

Dr Kim was highly recommended by a MA state agency that would assist my daughter through her depression. She was hospitalized for a week for suicide attempt. What I thought was coping skills and helping her through depression it turned out Dr Kim diagnosed her with Dysphoria and was about to recommend hormone therapy. My daughter had never shown any gender issues until after her depression was diagnosed. Our whole family was floored by the news she had a gender issue and Dr Kim fed into it instead of helping her with the dysphoria. My issue was when I specifically asked her how things were going, what diagnosis she had all I got was she's depressed.

Always trust your instinct. My husband and I were referred to Dr. Kim and we had high hopes for our 10 year old daughter who suffers from high anxiety and has OCD tendencies. After seeing the Dr. for several months I questioned what kind of strategies and coping techniques were being discusssed. After months of many appointments my daughter told me this was not helping and all she did at her appointments was use duct tape and play with toys. There were no strategies or coping techniques ever discussed. I was under the impression my daughter was receiving cognitive behavioral therapy and it turned out this was not the case at all. As with the previous review my daughter is now worse and is left with no stategies, just a big bill. I suggest you look elsewhere.

Be wary

We took our teenage daughter to Dr. Kim because she had depression and needed coping skills. We took her for several appointments and over time she actually got worse, not better. When we stopped seeing her our daughter still had depression, didn't have coping skills and now has gender dysphoria.

Dr. Clara S Kim is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Northborough, MA.