Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Clara L Polak has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Clara L Polak has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Clara L Polak has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 29
My wife and I are offended at our family's experience here today. While Lucy Polak may have been a popular doctor in the past, it is clear that the organization of this office and the quality of service have taken a nose dive here. We asked in advance what the wait time would be, stating that we had other events to get to... "no problem," we were told. After a 90 minute wait time we were promised we would avoid, my wife and son were taken to a room where she brought in a new young male intern. My wife was rushed out, being told that the men would talk privately b/c our son is 16 now. My wife had some serious questions and wanted to stay, but was not given a chance. 30 more minutes later, she called our son, who was left alone in the room the whole time. She told him to come out b/c they were leaving without service. She asked the clerk if he needed any shots, told them we had to go, and got immediate service (because Polak's $200 billable hour was about to walk out the door). Lucy Polak then gave my family very disrespectful, rude, and poor service. Frustrated by a patient who demanded service 2 hours after the appointment time, she flippantly discredited my wife's childhood diagnosis she asked about, dismissed my son's true need to see an internist as "that's just his way," and then rudely told my wife she wasn't parenting him correctly and told her to get off his back! Time to find a competent doctor. Don't believe the hype. We were done a disservice, and my wife and son deserve an apology. This lady definitely thinks her time is more valuable than yours, and does not care about her patients.
Dr. Polak is an excellent Doctor, I've been taking my mother there for years now, yes alot of times you won't be seen at your exact appt. time, the office is always overly full with patients, yes she sometimes has emergency patients, but she is WORTH the wait. If you don't like this office then find another place to go. I've never had any rude staff, they too deal with alot of upset people and to me are very patient. Everyone is just doing their job, and Dr. Polak is a very humble, understanding doctor, you can talk to her and tell her your issues and she doesn't rush you at all and has never ever been more than attentive to me and my mother Teodora! I can even text her if my mom has an emergency or needs to be seen without an appt.
i waited an average of 2-4 hours each time i had an appointment. she lied on some paperwork i needed her to fill out and made up some new conditions. on the phone she pretends like she's familiar with who you are and then gets your info and prescriptions confused with someone else. she takes people without insurance and without appointments. this is a border town and her waiting rooms are always packed with disgruntled people who've been spending an entire day for an appointment. even her office staff is angry and disgruntled. they'll ignore you in the front. she has no concern for patients until she's face to face with them. even then she's manipulative and fake. after waiting 4 hours, an appointment should be longer than 10 minutes. i was told that she was taking urgent care patients in front of me because they were coughing. this added about 2 hours of wait time and i had an appointment.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Polak is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Dr. Clara L Polak accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMonk And Polak Mds, 480 4th Ave Ste 202, Chula Vista, CA
Dr. Clara L Polak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chula Vista, CA.