Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Clarinda M Burton-Shannon has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Clarinda M Burton-Shannon has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
Dr. Clarinda M Burton-Shannon has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
Absolute horrible bedside manner talks bad about other patients to you. She is very rood. Prescribed me a medication for hormone replacement then when The pharmacy called for a refill she swore she never prescribed it to me They told her they had the prescription from her and she said she had no record so she did not prescribe it. Her records had that she prescribed a medication I have never taken. She has a serious" better than you" attitude. Terrible terrible Doctor.
She discusses other patients business with you. In my opinion that's not very confidential. I drove an hour to get there and then waited 2 hours just for her to tell me No she wasn't gonna take my iud out even though I am having very serious complications. I made an appt with another Dr. since. I've gave this lady plenty of chances. I Stayed with her throughout my entire pregnancy and pp and have been nothing but dissapointed. She never discusses anything with you. She'll only spend about a whole 5 minutes with you no matter what type of visit you're there for. I've never had a good experience with her.
My girlfriend was given two forms of birth control. A Mirena and a birth control shot. Within a week the Mierna became dislodged due to improper installation. The result being that not only did she have to remove it herself causing extreme pain but chunks of her uterine lining were scraped off. She was taken to the emergency room where doctors were dumb founded by the results and the fact that two powerful forms of birth control were used, saying that her hormonal balance would be thrown completely off. I wouldn't recommend this GYN to a soul.
Dr. Burton-Shannon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1984
G W Hubbard Hospital Meharry College
Dr. Clarinda M Burton-Shannon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTennova Womens Health Lebanon, 1405 W Baddour Pkwy Ste 103, Lebanon, TN
Dr. Clarinda M Burton-Shannon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lebanon, TN.