Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Claude J Mason has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Claude J Mason has the following 44 expertise
- Acute Abdominal Pain
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Skin lesion (Lentigo)
- Geriatric Medicine
- Pulmonary Emphysema (COPD)
- Forensic Medicine
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Stomach Flu (Gastroenteritis)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
- Sprains and Strains
- Acute Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Sports Injuries
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Back Pain
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Orthopedic Procedures
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Trigeminal Autonomic Cephalalgias
- Weight Loss
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Cholesterol Management
- Strep Infection (Streptococcal Infections)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Bronchial Diseases
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Adolescent Medicine
- Women's Health
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Claude J Mason has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 117
-Gregory C. in Sarasota, FL Doctor Mason is a credit to the medical profession. He is an astute, well trained professional who is very bright, insightful, and thorough. He is also kind, considerate and has a great deal of concern and respect not only for the well being of his patients but also for their time. He runs a very efficient, well staffed facility and I have always found his team to demonstrate the same positive characteristics of Dr Mason himself. He and his staff are the absolute best Sarasota has to offer.
Dr Mason is the best shot giver in Sarasota. Along with all his other attributes as a Physician he is by far the most caring and gentle injection administrator I have ever seen. He takes all the time you need when you see him for any medical concern. No rushing to get to his next patient. You are his only concern when you are in his office.
Dr. Mason and Sarasota Medical Center is one of the most professional places I have ever been to. Dr. Mason really listens to what you have to say, and provides the necessary treatment that you need. I highly recommend this place. Also, there is usually just a 5 minute wait to see the doctor, which is a blessing when you do not feel well. I hope that Dr. Mason is my doctor for a very long time; he is very positive and nice also, which seems to be a rare quality in a doctor today. His staff is very professional too.
After hurricane Irma Dr. Mason and Dr. Aristimuno went the extra mile for me. I highly recommend Sarasota Medical Center to all in need of medical care and treatment. I have been a patient there since 2008, and have received excellent 5 star treatment. Thank you to all of the staff at both the Siesta Key and Bee Ridge offices. Steve Lanoue.
An overall exceptional medical office. Dr. Mason is a very patient and attentive doctor that did not rush through my appointment and listened to my explanation of visit. His entire staff are kind and helpful. I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes for my appointment and in and out at a reasonable timeframe. I am so pleased to have found this office in Sarasota and I highly recommend Dr. Mason to anyone looking for a very good Family Doctor/ General Practitioner/ Internist.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
31 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Akron General Medical Center
Dr. Claude J Mason accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSarasota Medical Center, 2830 Bee Ridge Rd, Sarasota, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Claude J Mason in this video.
Dr. Claude J Mason is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.