Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Claude M Oliva
Dr. Claude M Oliva, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lubbock, TX. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Oliva is affiliated with Covenant Medical Center and University Medical Center. Dr. Oliva has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Claude M Oliva has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
Showing 5 of 47
Saw this dr for 12 years. He gave the strongest pain meds, procedures and was nice but then he started changing some meds and advised me I could take one non narcotic with my pain meds. I had a bad reaction and when the dr from the ER called to ask what all was I on, I was told to find another dr. Well after I went through therapy to get off of pain meds and using only what I need I'm not great but a lot better off. They will loose your charts too
EV ERYTHING WAS AWESOME ABOUT GOING TO SEE THIS DR AND GETTING INJECTIONS HELPED OUT FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME ..EXPECT WHEN I WENT IN DECEMBER, I HAD PAIN RIGHT WAY WITH TWO MONTHS OF INJECTIONS.. BUT OVER ALL I'm PRETTY HAPPY WITH RESULTS... CAUSE MOST OF THE TIME I'm PAIN FREE FOR AT 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR>..AND ITS TIME FOR ME TO GO BACK FOR I HAVE BEEN IN SEVER PAIN...
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2016, 2011, 2012, 2010, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2010, 2015, 2013, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Oliva is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Claude M Oliva accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLubbock Plastic Surgery Center, 4404 6th St, Lubbock, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Claude M Oliva in this video.
Dr. Claude M Oliva is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Lubbock, TX.