Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Claudia P Welke has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Forces patients to take drugs, never a consent and warning form. Over drugs patients intentionally and carelessly. Calls patients paranoid when they are in pain and suffering from over drugging and the allergic reactions and affects that can occur, which harm their body and could be serious and are serious. Sadistic and torments patients, and berates patients when they defend themselves and say the meds are hurting them. She is a deceitful liar and should be investigated. Welke is Dangerous and responsible for the deaths of former patients.
SHE IS HORRIBLE! She is very pushy, bossy, and YELLS at her patients. She doesn't understand what people are going through and how they feel. She gets mad easily, and easy to get on her bad side (for doing nothing). She never admits her wrongs. She never calls her patients back, neither does her nurse. Her and her nurse are very unreliable and strange. I dont know what her problem is. THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER DOCTORS OUT THERE, Dont go to her!
I had two psychiatrists prior to Dr. Welke and she puts them to shame. She's very smart, looks at the big picture, and considers what's best for the patient. At appointments, she gets right to the point and makes the most of the 15 minutes. She's also trustworthy, timely, and good at collaborating with other mental health professionals. She's fantastic. Whoever gave her 1 star was obviously angry about nothing and having a bad day.
Dr. Welke is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Claudia P Welke accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCompass Health Center, 60 Revere Dr Ste 100, Northbrook, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Claudia P Welke in this video.
Dr. Claudia P Welke is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Northbrook, IL.