The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Clay M Pickard has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Clay M Pickard has the following 12 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
Dr. Clay M Pickard is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
The office personnel has no personality and must hate her job. One would expect communication skills to be a requisite for a job requiring communication. There was no one there except her and another employee so she must have been bored. At any rate she could have been more pleasant, courteous, or just professional. That was a portence of things to come. No wonder the waiting room was empty.
I had 4 or more small basal cell skin cancers removed by Dr. Pickard. Another dermatologist in Chattanooga wanted to hit me with $8,000-$10,000 in Mohs Procedures. Totally exhorbitant -- that doctor is a Mohs Monster, earning tons of money from his patients, Medicare (our tax dollars), and all other insurance payers even when other non-Mohs procedures would work. Dr. Pickard just cut them out and the bill was 10% of that other dermatologist. Beware Chattanooga. Don't let a dermatologist nail you for Mohs Procedures in order to fund their lifestyles and really nice new offices. Dr. Pickard does not waste time or money. He just does the work, explains it to you as he does it, and has no patience for Mohs Maniac doctors. The other dermatologist was not Rodney Susong, who I've used and who is good also.
I saw Dr. Pickard a few times for very severe acne after seeing several other doctors who didn't help. His solution worked very effectively. It was sometimes inconvenient to get medication questions answered, as the nurse never returned my calls. Unfortunately, his office stopped accepting my insurance, and I didn't find out till I arrived at my appointment. Hopefully the next doctor will be just as good.
I would not recommend his office to anyone. Dr. Pickard is a nice man and a good doctor, but his staff and office and billing policies are the worst I have ever dealt with.
36 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Dr. Clay M Pickard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCarilion Clinic, 1 Riverside Cir Ste 300, Roanoke, VA
Dr. Clay M Pickard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roanoke, VA.