- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Clayland F Cox MD
Dr. Clayland F Cox, MD is a Doctor primarily located in South Weymouth, MA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Clayland F Cox has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Clayland F Cox has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
43 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1976
Our Lady Of Mercy Medical Center
Dr. Clayland F Cox Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
More about Dr. Clayland F Cox
Clayland Cox graduated from New York Medical College. He completed his residency and internship at Misericordia Lincoln Hospital Affiliation with New York College. He completed his fellowship in gastroenterology at New York Medical College. He is a former assistant professor of medicine at New York Medical College. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. He is a member of South Suburban Gastroenterology.
Locations & DirectionsSOUTH SUBURBAN GASTROENTEROLOGY PC, 1085 Main St, South Weymouth, MA
Dr. Clayland F Cox is similar to the following 4 Doctors near South Weymouth, MA.