The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Clayton T Hinshaw Jr
Dr. Clayton T Hinshaw Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tarzana, CA, with another office in Simi Valley, CA. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Hinshaw is affiliated with Encino Hospital Medical Center and Simi Valley Hospital And Health Care. Dr. Hinshaw has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Clayton T Hinshaw Jr has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
Showing 5 of 35
I have found Dr. Hinshaw to be thorough and cautious when it comes to questionable skin growths. I play a lot of basketball and Dr. Hinshaw knows that stitches will sideline me for a couple weeks. While he's sensitive to my desires he doesn't compromise his professional judgment just to get me back on the court a little sooner and that's what I want from my dermatologist when I'm dealing with potentially cancerous growths. I trust him completely and consider myself lucky to have found a relatively young doctor who is also extremely competent.
I suggest looking for another dermatologist who truly understands and cares for his patients. Dr. Hinshaw (who also works out doctor's offices in Simi Valley and Westlake) will turn on you/your health care in a blink of an eye, if you as much as question his methods and want to draw also on a different doctor's opinion/approach. It seems, Dr. Hinshaw does not truly care about your health care needs; instead it's all about him (and not another doctor!) getting your money. I left his office feeling sickened by my experience with him.
Doctor Hinshaw not only is a highly competent doctor; he also provides sound advice on the latest medical procedures. I selected him to perform surgery on a cyst based upon recommendations from several other patients. He was very good to work around my schedule and always had time to discuss any concerns.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015, 2012, 2010, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2012, 2010, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Hinshaw is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1994
Charles R Drew University
Dr. Clayton T Hinshaw Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Clayton T Hinshaw Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tarzana, CA.