Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Clement C Cheung has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Endocrinology
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to our glands and the hormones they produce. Because hormones play a key role in the growth and development of children, these conditions often pose different threats to children than they do adults. That’s where a pediatric endocrinologist comes in.
They can diagnose and treat hormonal disorders such as abnormal thyroid function, growth complications and early or delayed puberty. Ambiguous genitals as well as ovarian and testicular dysfunction are also part of their expertise. Childhood obesity, diabetes and problems with low blood sugar also tie back to hormone function and may require consulting with a pediatric endocrinologist.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Clement C Cheung has the following 6 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Clement C Cheung is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
He was very caring, friendly and answered all my concern through out the whole appointment. Dr. Cheung tried his best to help me with my diabetes by prescribing medicine that's shown most effective with very little side effects. He was patience in explaining my parents concern as they spoke very little English. He made our family feel welcome and most of all it feels like seeing a friend instead of a doctor.
I took my daughter to see Dr. Cheung. Her pediatrician did not know how to handle her condition, and created a lot of anxiety for my daughter and me. Dr. Cheung was wonderfully reassuring, and I felt very comfortable with a watchful waiting approach. He took his time explaining the condition and made sure he answered all questions. He is adept at communicating with children -- even my teenage daughter, and was very respectful and caring. I am so glad we did not have to travel far to see someone so knowledgeable. We saw him at the Children's Hospital Extension in Torrance.
- University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Ucsf Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of California San Francisco, 533 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Clement C Cheung is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.