Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cletus S Carvalho MD
Dr. Cletus S Carvalho, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lexington, KY, with other offices in Lexington, KY and Lexington, KY (and 1 other location). He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Medicine, Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Cletus S Carvalho has 4 locations
310 S Limestone
Lexington, KY 40508
811 Corporate Dr Ste 102
Lexington, KY 40503
Dr. Cletus S Carvalho has the following 4 specialties
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Psychosomatic Medicine
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Cletus S Carvalho has the following 14 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Geriatric Psychiatry
Dr. Cletus S Carvalho is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
29 Years Experience
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College
Graduated in 1990
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Cletus S Carvalho Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Bluegrass Family Health
- Baptist Health Community Care Network
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
Locations & Directions
Dr. Cletus S Carvalho is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lexington, KY.