Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Clifton Latting
Dr. Clifton Latting, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, AL. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Latting is affiliated with Princeton Baptist Medical Center, Shelby Baptist Emergency Department and Uab Medical West. He speaks English.
Dr. Clifton Latting has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I was an intern there with him and HIS WIFE! both of them are crazy and has no respect for people nor their employees. My experience there was the worst part of my finishing school it was so bad I didn't do my full hours there! His wife is a two faced, insecure OLD black female that I have every ran across. Dr Latting is an old dirty man that should not be called DOCTOR! He needs to retire! I had to witness a patient lose her life inside his office!
Dr. Latting doesn't deserve not even 1 star. First off, he is very angry, bitter and mean. He's what you call nice nasty. He does not treat his employers with respect and confronts them in front of patients when he should pull them to the side. He does not have enought workers in the office to keep a steady flow. He shows favoritism with his patients. I wouldn't go back to Dr. Latting if he was the last doctor on this earth.
I am well pleased with his diagnosis, attitude and when I was in the hospital he came everyday to see me before going to his office to see his clinic patients. I like Dr. Latting, because he is very thorough, compassionate, and a Christian. Dr. Latting detoured my mother from having a stroke. He is an excellent doctor. I feel like I can tell him mostly any subject and he will try to help you anyway, he can. He has good rapport with his courteous staff and patients, spends time with me, and follow-up after visit, excellent bedside manner, and call a reminder of your appointments. Hats! Off! Dr. Latting!
Dr. Latting is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Princeton Baptist Medical Center
Shelby Baptist Emergency Department
Uab Medical West
Bradford Health Services At Bi, Birmingham, Al
Baptist Medical Center - Princeton
41 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1972
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Clifton Latting accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBHC Ensley, 1517 19th Street Ensley, Birmingham, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Clifton Latting in this video.
Dr. Clifton Latting is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.