Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Clifton Wheeler
Dr. Clifton Wheeler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winter Haven, FL, with other offices in Lakeland, FL and Lakeland, FL (and 1 other location). He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Wheeler is affiliated with Lakeland Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Clifton Wheeler has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Pinched and twisted nipples on both breasts. I asked why. To be sure there was no secretion. (There was none to begin with.) Nipples hurt for six months. After the pelvic exam, he told nurses to swab with betadine after pelvic exam but the nurses didnt. I think he should have done this. He set me up for blood test to make sure I didn't have cancer since I had a hysterectomy in 1974. Never had had an exam like that in my life where someone twisted my nipples. Will never return.
As a new patient, my first appointment with Dr. Wheeler was quite the mixed experience. The examination room I was put in was VERY cold with air blowing in audibly. Dr. Wheeler entered and was obviously annoyed by this fact and mentioned it was too cold for him. Then, a bedside light did not work. Again - he was visibly upset. His assistant helped get the light working so that the examination could continue.Dr. Wheeler gave me the most thorough examination I believe I have ever had. I feel assured that his level of care is quite high and feel confident that the care I will receive is of the highest quality. His bedside manner is a little wanting but I would rather know that I am in his able hands than be coddled to. He was very patient with my questions and his answers and notes after the examination were very detailed. I know he has addressed my health and am eager to begin the follow up to become more healthy.He would do well to make some staff changes and replace the current assistants with seasoned veterans who can appreciate his mannerisms. In today's medical "farms", Dr. Wheeler is a gem for someone of my taste."old fashioned" would be too simply put - he still has a passion for medicine after his 34 years. This is quite rare. I am fortunate to have chosen such a professional....which is exactly what he is! Thank you Dr. Wheeler. I am in good hands - even if your exams are not always the most pleasant of experiences for either of us - I know you are doing what is best for my overall health.
Dr. Wheeler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lakeland Regional Medical Center
41 Years Experience
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Clifton Wheeler accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Clifton Wheeler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winter Haven, FL.