Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Clyde Carpenter
Dr. Clyde Carpenter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Olympia, WA, with other offices in Olympia, WA and Olympia, WA (and 2 other locations). He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine. Dr. Carpenter is affiliated with Providence St Peter Hospital and Capital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Clyde Carpenter has the following 2 specialties
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine
If you have a back injury or unexplained back pain, your doctor might refer you first to a radiologist and then to an orthopedic spinal surgeon. They specialize in the spine and can diagnose and treat spinal diseases such as scoliosis. They can also treat spinal injuries such as a displaced disc or a fracture, as well as disc degeneration and narrowing that occurs due to aging.
However, when your injury or condition affects the spinal canal or spinal cord, it’s typically better to consult with a neurosurgeon. It's worth noting that, while they're both referred to as surgeons, they can also recommend treatments that don't require an operation, such as non-surgical decompression therapy.
- Arthrodesis (Spinal Fusion)
- Spinal Arthritis (Spondylarthritis)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
Showing 5 of 38
Dr. Carpenter was amazing. His bedside manner is wonderful and caring. After examining me, he knew exactly what was wrong and scheduled the surgery to fix my neck. I now would never know that I had an artificial disk put in my neck due to the fantastic job he did and the quick recovery. I am looking at having to have my L4/L5 fused soon and would not go to anyone else. I would recommend anyone going to him for their issues, he will help heal you with the state-of-the-art medical technology.
I was referred to Dr Carpenter by a satisfied co worker who had extensive back surgery done. I have seen him several times. He is very knowledgeable and I trust him explicitly. He has been very helpful with my situation and has continually steered me in the right direction. The clinic is very nice and clean and the staff provides friendly, prompt service. I will recommend Dr. Carpenter to anyone I know with back issues!
Dr. Carpenter has been my surgeon for a number of years. His suggestions and treatment have been appropriate and helpful.
Dr. Carpenter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Providence St Peter Hospital
Capital Medical Center
27 Years Experience
University of Southern California
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Clyde Carpenter accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Clyde Carpenter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Olympia, WA.