Dr. Clyde E Markowitz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Clyde E Markowitz?

Terrible listener

Dr. Markowitz was dismissive and abrupt. It seemed as if he had his mind made up about my diagnosis before he even spoke to me. He grudgingly asked me questions, and acted as if I were wasting his time. He was condescending and rude -- I felt as if he discounted everything I said. His exam was perfunctory. Dr. Markowitz is definitely not up to the usual high standard of Penn doctors.

BRILLIANT, CARING AND GENUINE!

Love, love, LOVE this doc! Extremely personable, incredibly intelligent and goes out of his way to make certain his patients are comfortable, have everything they need and have all their questions answered! I really appreciate him and am grateful to have been recommended to him!

I have been a patient of dr markowitz for years, and I have always been grateful for his excellent care. He always takes the time to answer all of my questions, and he has really current data on the latest medications and treatments. I'm lucky to have him on my side.

Very unprofessional with horrible bedside manner

I saw Dr Markowitz after moving from Boston, where I saw wonderful Harvard neurologists. Dr Markowitz had his interns examine me and get all the background information, then he spent a total of 10 minutes with me. He made poor recommendations for treatment and actually had to go look up where the clinical trial is being conducted on an experimental medication (one site is the U of Penn!). He has a Napolean complex and is very arrogant -- he kept cutting me off and, as a previous poster noted, didn't make eye contact. By the end of the whole 10 minutes, he looked bored. Won't be going back - headed to Cornell!

If you have Multiple Schlerosis, this is the doctor you need to have take care of you. He will watch you progress, help you decide which medications that are best for you. If you want to help with research by getting involved in a study, he will guide you to the right study for you. I don't think that my outcome would have been this good if I had a different doctor.

Jerk

Found this guy to be very full of himself and ill-prepared for appointments. He appears bored most of the time until you ask more than three questions at which point he becomes irritated. This is the first review I have ever written about anything but felt the need to give a heads up.

Horrible bedside manner

I saw Dr. Markowitz as a new patient with MS after moving to the area. His resident (in opthamology, not neurology) conducted the exam and obtained background information. After waiting 40 minutes, Dr. Markowitz finally came in. I realized very quickly that his resident had not briefed him on my health status. He couldn't answer any of my questions and had no opinion on available treatments, supplements, etc.Dr. Markowitz seemed very distracted and in a rush to get me out. I had previously seen a world-class MS specialist in Boston and expected a high level of care from the head of U Penn's MS Center.I will not be seeing Dr. Markowitz again. Thankfully, I found a terrific neurologist at Cornell/NYU.

Dr. Clyde E Markowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.