Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Cody J Evans has the following 3 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Cody J Evans has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Cody J Evans has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Cody J Evans is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 15
We took our child to Dr. Evans seeking help for behavioral problems and a previous diagnosis of ADHD. After being evaluated it was his recommendation that only long term therapy and medication was the answer. After 18 months of weekly, sometimes 2x weekly appointments our insurance changed and he was no longer a preferred provider under our plan. I was under the impression that I had explicitly canceled all appointments moving forward. That was until I received a notice of missed appointments which of course our insurance will not cover. On another note we took our child to get another opinion from OHSU and was advised to take him off of all medication, which turned out to be the right decision. I received more insightful feedback and advice in our 3, 1 hr appointments than we did in the endless hours of appts with Dr. Evans.
12 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Cody J Evans accepts the following insurance providers.
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
Locations & DirectionsMinds Eye, 2651 NW Thurman St Ste 101, Portland, OR
Dr. Cody J Evans is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.