Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Colin M Haggerty
Dr. Colin M Haggerty, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with another office in La Jolla, CA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Haggerty is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Coronado Hospital and Palomar Medical Center Poway. Dr. Haggerty has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Colin M Haggerty has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Colin M Haggerty has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Colin M Haggerty has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Colin M Haggerty is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
If you're lucky enough to get in and see Dr Haggerty, take the opportunity to do so. One of the last one MD shops in the area, and he makes it work. Wonderful office staff makes the whole experience friendly. Dr Haggerty himself is very intelligent and has a bedside manner where he treats you like a human and not a robot coming in to be fixed. Been going for years and am leaving town soon, which is disappointing because I think it's unlikely I'll find such a good doctor where I'm going. Highly recommend.
Couldn't imagine going to anyone else. My wife and I both go to Dr Haggerty and we have referred about 20 of our friends. Very thoughtful and caring and really knows his field. He has an excellent group of specialists to refer to. I just wish he had a magical pill that would let me shed my extra pounds! PS i am in the healthcare industry.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Haggerty is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Colin M Haggerty accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Colin M Haggerty in this video.
Dr. Colin M Haggerty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.