Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Colin M Movsowitz
Dr. Colin M Movsowitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norristown, PA. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Movsowitz is affiliated with Suburban Community Hospital, Hahnemann University Hospital and Bryn Mawr Hospital. Dr. Movsowitz has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Colin M Movsowitz has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. Colin M Movsowitz has the following 7 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Heart Block
Dr. Colin M Movsowitz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
First impression upon entering the 1330 Powell Street,Norristown, PA office was extremely poor. Office staff was VERY unprofessional and ignorant. Front desk person extremely unprofessional and rude. 5 staff women were sitting and standing around chatting, laughing, one printing and me waiting to be registered. I let it go for 7 full minutes to see how long before front desk receptionist stopped typing and looked up and greeted me. My medical info was never retrieved from my referring cardiologist for this appointment. I had to ask her to call and get it over here for this appointment. Got the attitude, eye roll.When I finally went into the exam room[dirty cramped little room]and Dr. Colin Movsowitz came in he did NOT have my info form referring cardiologist and had to ask me 'why are you here'. NOT GOOD. He was very good recovering from this unsettling mishap and we got on to the problem at hand. I also told him I had wanted to see him at the Paoli office but was told he was booked 7 weeks ahead, only option was Norristown. He was very good. Listened well. Gave me time to ask questions and discuss my heart health issues and come to decision about treatment.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Movsowitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Colin M Movsowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCardiology Consultants Of Philadelphia, 1330 Powell St Ste 301, Norristown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Colin M Movsowitz in this video.
Dr. Colin M Movsowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norristown, PA.