Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Colleen P Allorto has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Colleen P Allorto has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Colleen P Allorto is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
My children have been treated by Dr. Allorto for 3 years. Each time we visit, she is attentive and thorough, and her diagnosis is right every time. I appreciate her bedside manner, and know that she is going to do her best to treat my children. I don't always like the wait, but it is always worth it!
I left a previous practice because she was the new doctor, and she recommended horrible treatment for my asthmatic son. (Steam shower to "breakup his congestion") and that he wouldn't need antibiotics because she doesn't like to give them. I told her we would be back with a full blown infection if not treated, she insisted. 2 days later we were back and on meds. The practice I went to uses her practice as rotating on calls. Lucky for us he was on call this weekend. Not! My daughter is 8 weeks, and has a cold that has been getting increasingly worse. I called yesterday morning and told Dr. Allorto what was wrong. She said typicall she doesn't order meds this young, but sounded like she really needed them now. Asked my pharmacy, the number to the pharmacy and I have her my daughters current weight. She said to start the antibiotics and follow up with our pediatrician this Monday. I called the pharmacy last night to see if the Rx was ready, they said no. Went to get it today, still no Rx. Page the dr again and she yelled at me! Said, "She's only 8weeks! I would never call in medication this young!" Then said, um, it is 5 o'clock! Can't this wait until tomorrow by now!? More words followed including her telling me that I need to understand that other people are busy and I'm not the only person out there! I will be discussing this with my current pediatrician. Ridiculous!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Colleen P Allorto accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAdolescent General Medicine, 863 Buttner Pl, Dover, DE
Dr. Colleen P Allorto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dover, DE.