Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Colleen A Cooper has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Colleen A Cooper has the following 7 expertise
- Infectious Disease
- Substance Abuse
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Eating Disorders
Dr. Colleen A Cooper has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Colleen A Cooper is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 2
Professional staff, accommodating and excellent service from this doctor. Knowledgeable, compassionate and made my granddaughter at ease. She did not like her previous doctor and she loves her doctor now and is not afraid of going there when she is sick. I will recommend this establishment and doctor to all parents, grandparents and guardians. Trustworthy and the offices are immaculate.
Dr. Colleen A Cooper accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
Locations & DirectionsABC Family Pediatricians Pond Road, 1611 Pond Rd Ste 400, Allentown, PA
Dr. Colleen A Cooper is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allentown, PA.