Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Colleen S Friddell has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Colleen S Friddell has the following 12 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Dr. Colleen S Friddell has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 10
She takes time to talk to my child as well as me about how he has been feeling. She wants to know from him - asks him questions - asks me questions. We have been working with her for several years and I've never had a bad experience and have even recommended her to several friends. Her office may not be fancy - but that's not what I'm there for. Her office manager Dawn is fantastic. I can always email or call her with questions and she is so friendly wanting to know what is up with our family.
I treated with this physician for several months hoping her office professionalism and bed side manner would improve. I am thankful it did not or I would have never found my current physician. ALL THIS PHYSICIAN CARES ABOUT IS MONEY. YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A *** $**** SIGN. I feel she takes advantage of the mentally ill.Her office unless changed without my knowledge appears to be furnished with garage sale type furniture that is not in my opinion comfy or attractive. The not so friendly staff sits behind a glass window that is set in a white scuffed dingy wall with a clip board for you to sign in. Reading material in out dated magazines is provided. Smells kind of dirty or did the days I arrived for appointments. I feel this physician over medicated with name brand, NEW, AND EXPENSIVE MEDICATIONS. She did offer samples when available but for the most part one can conclude the meds perscribed generally provide her office an incentive. One will not typically receive scripts for old school meds that work well with little to side effects and come in generics. I would not be surprised if over 50% of her practice has paid a missed appt. fee. Due to the poor customer service provided by staff and for the pure fact that is EASY cash money.
24 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Dr. Colleen S Friddell accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsColleen S Friddell Md, 2601 Elm Hill Pike Ste M, Nashville, TN
Dr. Colleen S Friddell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.