Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Columbus Floyd Jr
Dr. Columbus Floyd Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington, TX. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and General Surgery. Dr. Floyd is affiliated with Medical Center of Plano, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital and UT Southwestern St Paul Hospital. Dr. Floyd has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Columbus Floyd Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Showing 4 of 4
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Floyd is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Medical Center of Plano
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
UT Southwestern St Paul Hospital
Methodist Dallas Medical Center
Methodist Medical Center
Methodist Mansfield Medical Center
Baylor Medical Center at Southwest Fort Worth
33 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1980
Henry Ford Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsColumbus William Floyd Jr MD, 4210 Balboa Ct, Arlington, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Columbus Floyd Jr in this video.
Dr. Columbus Floyd Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, TX.