Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cong Yu has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Cong Yu has the following 13 expertise
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Back Pain
- Sprains and Strains
- Spinal Disorders
- Back Injuries
- Nerve Block
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Pelvic Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Neck Injuries
Dr. Cong Yu has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Cong Yu is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
He is smart and a good surgeon but he is rude, arrogant, thinks everyone is drug seeking. Laughs like it's a joke. Cires WA state guidelines but when I checked with WA state they said it is a guideline. That each patient is different and should be evaluated as such. HE DOES NOT DO THAT unless you have cancer. Very disappointed in him. He needs to take bed side manner classes and empathy classes.
I have been seeing Dr Yu for about four years and he saved my life. I have been in chronic pain for the last 10 years. For the first 5 years I tried everything to give me SOME relief ( chrio, massage, mind control,ect ect. My Primary Dr would not, ever give pain pills. After three different surgeries that did not work, I went to Dr Yu, a pain specialist, and just how I thought this was going to play out, they thought I was just drug shopping. I was 56 yrs old at that time and thought they would never consider me a druggie. But I guess it could happen at any age. So it took a long time for him to fully trust me, I think he still does quite trust me, especial if I ask to try another pain med I had done some research on.... it was like, never look a pain MD directly in there eyes, like dogs, thay renew there suspession. I am being lite here, I understand they are the gatekeepers to weed out people who are just doctor shopping and faking pain. This makes it so harder for people like me who could not live with the kind of pain of pain I have. Washington State and the FDA have made it so hard fon doctors to help people in pain) I still have pain and and I am only good for about six hours a day that I can do the things I need to get done. Although we still do not see eye to eye what is good for my pain( my body, my life) I still think Dr Yu is a great doctor, and I thank him.
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Dr. Cong Yu accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cong Yu in this video.
Dr. Cong Yu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.