Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Connie Smith
Dr. Connie Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winchester, VA, with another office in Winchester, VA. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Winchester Medical Center Inc, Morgan Cty War Memorial and Valley Health Care Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Connie Smith has the following 3 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Cystic Fibrosis
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Infectious Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Was referred to her by an ER doctor. Was given the run around just trying to get an appointment so bad that I found another doctor while waiting. The staff got back to me after I found my own doctor and offered me an appointment in 3 months. After reading the reviews I am so glad I found another doctor who could see me the same week I called.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Winchester Medical Center Inc
Morgan Cty War Memorial
Valley Health Care Center
Valley Health Infectious Disease
West Virginia Univ. Hospitals Inc.
17 Years Experience
West Virginia University
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Connie Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Connie Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winchester, VA.